Monday, August 15, 2011

Blessing from Heaven


In 2009, I was expecting our soon-to-be second child and was excited because Pili "needed" another sibling and we "thought" we were ready for another child. Well, in July of 2009, I miscarried while in San Francisco, CA, for my little cousin's wedding. It was the hardest thing that I had encountered up until that point of my life. I mean, we'd been to several appointments, heard the baby's heartbeat and even received pictures from my ultrasounds. For anyone who has experienced this situation, my heart feels for you. I know what it's like and I would never want anyone to experience the pain and heartache that I felt.

As time went on, I wondered why this ha
d happened to us. Weren't we ready? What were we doing wrong? Didn't the Spirit confirm to us that we were ready for this baby? For the first time ever in my life, I was questioning why my Father in Heaven had put me and Will through this. Why would he make anyone hurt so bad? For the next year or so, I wondered every day why I was given this trial. I knew I was a strong individual but this had me beat.

One day I was sitting at work and it hit me!
How could I be so selfish? How could I have questioned my Father in Heaven? I went home that day and asked my Heavenly Father for forgiveness. If I ever wondered what remorse and humility felt like, let me tell you, I felt it at that instant. My Heavenly Father knows me better than I know myself. I had never felt such love and comfort as I did at that moment. The one person that I questioned and doubted (my Heavenly Father) was the very person who was comforting me, through the Holy Ghost, at my lowest point in my life.

As I learned to accept what had happened things started to take a turn for the better. Life seemed more tolerable and my trials seemed less difficult. Then, in October of 2010, I found out that I was exp
ecting again! Really?! Was Heavenly Father waiting for me to realize that He was the one in charge? Was I being tested all these months? YES! YES, I was! When I finally stopped being stubborn, hard-headed and selfish, Heavenly Father blessed me in more ways than I could ever imagine.

On June 14, 2011, my little girl came into this world.


What a blessing to have this precious little girl. She was 8 lbs. 10 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. She was perfect. All of the sickness and nausea was worth it. This girl had her daddy wrapped around her finger the moment he laid eyes on her.

(with her Aunty LaVona & Aunty Zola)

When we first got married we decided that we'd take turns naming our children and this happened to be my turn. I thought long and hard about who I'd name her after and there was no question in my mind. I'd name her after my mom and my two sisters. These women mean the world to me and have been there for me through thick and thin. So, we named our precious baby girl, LaVona Zola.

If there is anything I've learned from this experience it's that Heavenly Father truly knows His children and that blessings come from Heaven!



1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

What a beautiful story! I'm kinda going through the same thing right now! Your little princess is perfect! Congrats on your bundle of joy!