Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's just one of them days...

"That a girl goes through
When I'm angry inside
Don't wanna take it out on you
Just one of them things
Don't take it personal
I just wanna be all alone
And you think i treat you wrong"

So my life is actually pretty good right now but every once in awhile I run into one of "those" days.  Today happened to be that day.  For some reason I felt like all of the problems and issues that are surrounding my life needed to be dealt with TODAY!  I was so focused on all of the problems that I needed to solve that I decided to forget them all and clean =)

As I started cleaning our room I realized that we had so much stuff and that we didn't need it all.  So, I started packing bags to take to the D.I. (Deseret Industries...a second hand store equivalent to the Salvation Army but waaaaayyyyyyyy better! LOL!)  By the time I loaded up my van I had 9 HUGE bags of stuff to take.  I'm still not done yet and if Will finds out that I packed four of his drawers, he'll probably be a LITTLE UPSET...oh well!

Throughout the whole day I've been thinking about where I'm at in my life and I have to say that I got a little disappointed.  I mean, I'm 31 years old and have nothing to show for it.  Seriously?!  Where has my life gone?  What have I done with the past 31 years?  I was so disappointed and upset that "one of them days" just got worse.  Boy, if I hadn't been dragging my feet yet, I was now.  I don't know how else to explain it except that I felt like a...

Then I got to thinking!  I had some accomplishments, didn't I?  Then I thought back to some of the highlights of my life.  I graduated from high school, attended some college, went on a LDS church mission for 18 months, returned home honorably, married my love in the temple, have two wonderful & beautiful children and am a working mom!  Those are pretty admirable accomplishments...I think =)
Anyway, my day seemed to get a little better as the night went on and then it hit me...I've got to have "one of them days" every once in awhile so that I can truly appreciate the things that I have now.  Sure life will be frustrating at times but that's the way it is.  Like the old saying goes....

 and keep in mind...if you're feeling frustrated or down....

IT'S JUST ONE OF THEM DAYS!




1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Love this post! And YES, those are quite some great accomplishments!! I agree that it's necessary to have one of them days to realize and be grateful for what you have!! Here's to a much better day tomorrow!