Sunday, January 8, 2012

Say what...

Day in and day out I look for quotes or messages that will inspire me to do good, go on, or take courage in what I'm faced with that particular day or week.  So here are a few quotes that I love!

"The Lord will always prepare a way for you to escape from the trials you will be given if you understand two things. One is that you need to be on the Lord's errand. The second thing you need to understand is that the escape will almost never be out of the trial; it will usually be through it."
Henry B. Eyring
 
I've read this quote over and over again and the more I read it, the more I love it.  Too many times we wish that bad things or hard times wouldn't happen to us.  I've heard the question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?President Eyring explained it so clearly with his second point when he said...you need to understand that the escape will almost NEVER be OUT OF THE TRIAL; it will usually be THROUGH it.
 
Only after I've gone through a trial it is then, and only then, do I realize how much I needed it.  I understand how important it was for me to experience that particular experience.  I can accept the fact that if it weren't for that event in my life I most likely wouldn't be able to handle something else that comes up or help someone else in need.
 
 
 The family is a haven in a heartless world.  
~Attributed to Christopher Lasch
 
As we live in such a crazy and ever changing world the family unit is one thing that keeps me grounded.  I know that there are no guarantees in this life but I can promise you that with all of the craziness and evil in this world, I can go home and know that as imperfect as we are, I can find peace and comfort in knowing that my family is there for me.  All too many times I've seen friends or acquaintances who don't have that same luxury of being able to go home to a family that is so accepting.  Sure we have our flaws and disagreements (what family doesn't?) but we all know that when it comes down to it, it's 
 FAMILY OVER EVERYTHING

The best feeling is when you look at him....
and he's already staring!

There is nothing that gives that "feel good" feeling or makes me blush more than when I look over at my husband and he's already looking at me... It makes me feel like a little girl who has just received a smile from the guy she's been crushing on... To make things more romantic, he won't even say a word, he'll smile or wink at me and then continue on with what he's doing.  Growing up I never felt like a pretty girl or even the type of girl that guys would like.  I never really had the confidence that I so admired in other girls my age.  So when I see how in love my husband is with me or how good he treats me, it still boggles my mind!  
 
 
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity."
 
Margaret D. Nadauld
 
As women we sometimes try to fit in with the world.  Why?  As Sister Nadauld has said we should try to be Women of God.  Women of God can NEVER be like women of the world.  What a blessing to know that being different is okay.  Our future posterity need us to be Women of God.  We need to take strength and comfort in knowing that we will be blessed for our desires to live more like our Savior and to emulate him in all that we do and say.



There you have it..a few of my favorite quotes.

 
 

No comments: