Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Being manipulated by the word responsibility"

An artist by the name of J-Boog sings the following lyrics, "being manipulated by the word responsibility"and that particular line has stayed with me since I first heard it. Many times in life our decisions are made by what we feel or believe are the "responsible thing-to-do". Often times I feel that the word responsibility pressures me into doing things that I, as a person, would never do. BUT because I'm responsible for something or someone in particular, I make the decision based on that particular responsibility.

As a wife, mother, sister, and daughter I feel that there are certain ways in which I should behave because of certain responsibilities that are associated with each of those titles. I'll give you an example. The title of wife was placed upon me when I decided that I was going to marry the love of my life. Now I am not complaining but when it comes to being a wife there are certain responsibilities that are mine to be had; or so it seems. If you are a wife then a few of these things will seem familiar: laundry, preparing dinner, making him feel good after a hard day, encouraging him to do better, etc. Are these my responsibilities or are these things that the world has placed in our minds as responsibilities? Are we being manipulated by the word responsibility?

Life is too short to feel responsible for everything! Sure there are situations and circumstances that we will never get away from BUT I feel that this is my life and I will not be manipulated by that word any longer. I know what my responsibilities are andI won't be pressured, forced, or manipulated into doing things that I don't want to do because it's my so-called responsibility.

1 comment:

*UiLa (AFO) VAiNuKu* said...

nice blog sis!! i feel ya on that...lol!! no forreals tho...im gonna say do your own laundry cook your own food!!...hahahah!! wait i already do that..hahahahah!!!...nah just kidding but yeah i so feel you on this....luv yah and keep them blogs comin lol!!!